Get your FREE Case Evaluation
Unfortunately, elder abuse in nursing homes is a common problem across the country.
Even in nursing homes that are well-established and seem credible, abuse can still take place. It’s hard to imagine someone abusing an elderly person. If you suspect abuse, it’s important to contact an elder care professional. Even if there is no abuse taking place, it’s better to know for sure. This will remind the staff at the nursing home, that you will hold them accountable for how your loved one is treated.
Are you experiencing any of the following?
- Staff refusal to answer certain questions
- Staff refusal to let you see certain parts of the building
- Unexplained injuries, including bruises, cuts, and scars
- Loss of appetite or weight loss
- Health decline that cannot be explained by their current condition
- Unusual behavior by your loved one, including aggression, regression, acting distraught, or social withdrawal
- Restraints on your loved one that do not seem needed
- Large medication doses
When you suspect that your loved one is being neglected, or if you are concerned that they may be the target of abuse, call us first. It’s up to all of us to stop the neglect and we will be happy to answer all your questions, and help all we can in this difficult area of the law.
We do not get paid unless you receive a settlement.
We have over 50 years of experience, and a strong track record for getting people the compensation they rightfully deserve. Austin & Banks thoroughly understands the complex legal system, and how to build a successful case. That is why it’s critical that you contact us right away for your free case evaluation if you have been injured in an accident. We do not collect legal fees unless we recover compensation for our clients.